- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
machine assesses the phalanx of the middle finger. This Bone Mineral Density (BMD) value is a
relative indicator of bone density elsewhere in the body. AccuDEXA's BMD
estimates can also be used as an aid to the physician in determining
fracture risk. Phalangeal density tests have shown in studies with
Radiographic Absorptiometry to be more predictive than both forearm and
spine BMD tests in predicting vertebral deformity.
• Low radiation - Effective radiation to the patient is just 1/150,000th of a chest X-ray.
• High Precision - Patient precision error is less than 1%.
• Track bone changes in patients - Very precise, can detect small fluctuations in bone density.
• Highly correlated with other proven technologies - Bone mineral content, assessed by accuDEXA, correlated strongly with bone mineral content of the hand and forearm regions assessed by DXA, SXA, and RA.
accuDEXA Uses the Best Technology
For BMD assessment, accuDEXA uses DEXA technology, the gold standard in bone densitometry.
I have just recently moved to San Antonio and was in need of a Chiropractor. When I found Dr. Lewis, I found more than that. First, after many years of going to some very good chiropractors, I found the best one I have ever gone to regardless of location and I have lived in many states and cities; second, I have found someone that looks farther than just an adjustment and is concerned about my holistic wellness. Very few health care professionals provide the level of care that I receive when I see Dr. Lewis. She is helpful, caring, compassionate while being I true professional. I couldn't have be more blessed